The Presidents of the EURODEFENSE network of defence and security specialists across Europe, meeting today 28 March 2022 by video conferencing:
1. Condemn in the strongest possible terms the invasion of Ukraine.
2. Congratulate and admire the Ukrainian people for their courage in the face of Russian aggression.
3. Note the rapid reaction of the European Union and nations in their support of Ukraine.
4. Recognise that further massive European aid will be necessary to support refugees and to rebuild Ukraine.
5. Welcome the commitment of European nations to accelerate meeting or exceeding their NATO spending targets.
6. Believe that a collective approach to defence, security and resilience is more important than ever.
7. Resolve to continue with renewed urgency the network’s studies on practical steps for mutual defence.