The annual meeting of the EURODEFENSE network, present in 15 countries, took place in Paris from 19 to 21 May 2022.
It started in the afternoon of the 19th with a visit of the “Musée Carnavalet”, presenting the History of Paris, followed by a reception at the “Quai d’Orsay”, of the Presidents of the network associations by M Alexandre VULIC, Deputy Director, Strategic Affairs, Security, Disarmament, at the Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs.
Friday 20 May was dedicated to a visit in the morning of AIRBUS at Elancourt facility, with a focus on Cyber Security, Secure Communications and Preparation of Combat Cloud, Massive Intelligence, and Spacecraft Electronics. In the afternoon, took place the Council of presidents at the Ecole Militaire, followed by an official dinner at the Cercle National des Armées, Place Saint Augustin.
On Saturday morning , EuroDéfense-France organised a public conference on the topic ”solidarity and Efficiency”. Speakers were :
– Sylvie Bermann, Ambassadrice de France, Ambassador to EU/PSC (2002-2005),
Ambassador to China (2011-2014), United Kingdom (2014-2017), and Russia (2017-2019).
– Hanna Ojanen, President of EuroDéfense-Finland, Research Director at Tempere University,
Adjunct Professor Finnish National Defence University.
– Robert Walter, President of EuroDéfense-UK and of the European Security and Defence Association, Member of Parliament (1997-2015).
– Alain Richard, “Val d’Oise” Senator, French Minister of Defence (1997-2002).
– Philippe Coq, Director of Public Affairs Airbus France.